Thursday, November 18, 2010

I told myself

to shut my lips and get my face straight before I made moves towards another sad sabotage. One dirty lightbulb is my life. The bottom is entirely rusted, making it near impossible to fit into a socket. The years old lining of dust on the inside of the glass is going to stay there forever, leaving people unable to see inside but making for a more beautiful, softer light. Who the fuck would use an old, dirty lightbulb though. There's newer, fancier, more efficient bulbs out there.

So I hung it upside-down on a string, dipping halfway into a fishbowl, trying to make use of it in the best way I could. That's where it will stay, for a few years at least, in the corner of a dirty sculpture studio, waiting to either catch the eye of a curious person, or sit until the building is cleaned out. How it's found doesn't matter to me at all. If someone questions my feelings at that moment in the past, then I am accomplished.






Now playing: Music for Airports, Brian Eno

1 comment:

  1. dope blog. you should check out serringe.blogspot.com

    peace,
    serringe

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk.