Monday, November 15, 2010

I play mom

to half of the people I know.

It's never bothered me before, I don't mind picking up the pieces and cleaning up messes. I've never cared about being woken up at three am to talk on the phone, I never had a problem deciphering drunk texts, talking down panic attacks, telling someone how beautiful they are when the self-confidence isn't there.

But I'm just a small, scared, eighteen year old girl. Since when did everyone choose me to hold their worlds together?

I have never felt so guilty in my life until last night. I'm always there to answer my phone, no matter what time it is. I'm so sorry that I was asleep. Hearing you cry to my voicemail was the worst thing I've felt in a long time. Whether you were wasted or not doesn't matter. I'm there every other night that you call, and last night I wasn't.


I don't want that guilt on my shoulders. I just want everyone to be happy, that's all.
So I'm going to carry the guilt until you're alright. However long it takes, I promise.







In unrelated news: I am happy. I like you.

Now Playing: Miss Machine, The Dillinger Escape Plan

0 more than before:

Post a Comment

I love to talk.